Donations help in many different ways. Depending on the situation and time donations can help with: rescues, hay, grain, medical care, supplies (lead ropes, halters, tack, etc.), riding lessons, and our train.
Rescues- Rescues, if you don't already know, can cost a lot, sometimes upward of $300. So every rescue we go on we need money to get to the horses and to be able to bring them home.
Hay- Because of our large herd of horses, we need hay year round, on average about 10 round bails a day. So every donation that isn't being used for something else is put toward hay.
Grain- We feed upward of 50 pounds of grain each day so without this money these horses that need the grain to put on weight won' get it.
Medical Care- Medical care is always a cost that most people don't think about, but yes it is something that we have on every single horse, even if they are healthy looking. Every horse that comes in will go to the vet for a routine checkup and to get their shots, because most of the time the owners don't know the last time they had one. During the visit, the vet will look at their teeth, for possible floating, give shots, do a coggins, which every horse needs as well, and check anything else that needs to be done. Using just the basic medical care it cost us around $250 to $300 this is not counting anything else that needs to be done.
Supplies- These are thing we need everyday to use on the horses. A list of things, because you can just donate the things will be put up each month if you click the supplies header.
Riding Lessons- For every $50 donation, an underprivileged kid will get a free riding lesson. When we do riding lesson we don't just teach how to ride on one horse but on many and we show them everything it takes to own a horse. This is a good idea if you are wanting to adopt but are worries your kid will lose interest. Riding lessons are posted on our "News/Events" page.
Train- The train is used for all our main events and does have maintenance. So, a portion of donation goes back to fix the train if needed so we can keep making the kids smile from ear to ear.
Sponsoring is more for the companies. For our companies we have this set up:
1) A $5,000 donation comes with a (Name of company/organization) banner for 90 days on our main pasture fence.
2) A $10,000.00 Donation comes with a (Name of company/organization) Banner on our main fence and an ad for 90 days on our website and FB page where we have a total of 3,500 follower’s and an average of 200 visitors per day.
3) A donation of $15,000 comes with a 6 month banner, and 6 month ad on our web site and social media site.
4) A VIP Donation of $20,000 or more comes with a 12 month of ad on our sites and 12 months of banner placement as well as a mention as our sponsor on any media where we are fortunate enough to be a part of as well as "Way’s Horse Rescue Sponsored by (Name of company/organization)” on the magnetic door signs of the rescue truck.
If you would like to donate more than that just please advise us on what you would like us to do, we are all about rescuing horses. Also, we are a 501(c)3, so all your donations are tax deductible. You can contact Terry Way at (559)563-0107 if you would like to donate with one of these plans. We also will customize a plan for your company if you are a willing to be a dedicated sponsor.
The purpose of this is to make sure that if something does happen by chance, because horses can be unpredictable, you will not come back on us in a lawsuit.
-Click here to see our Liability Release Forms
The purpose for this is so we can use any photos taken at the ranch to promote the ranch via Facebook or our website. If you are there for a specific date then put that date on the date of shoot on the form, if you are agreeing for anytime then put "any".
-Click here to see our Consent Forms
After we rescue these wonderful animals and get them back up and healthy they will go up for adoption, you can see the horses we have for adoption on our "Meet The Horses" page. The process after someone wants one can be tedious if not followed properly. The process goes as follows:
-Click here to see our Adoption Contract
- Fill out the adoption contract below and send it in via email or bring it by when you come to meet the horses. The purpose of this is not to know exactly what horse you want, but so we can check your references. Also, please read carefully the entire contract.
- Once we have the contract, we will check your references and go from there. If you check out to be good we will continue the process, if not then you will not get a horse.
- If you check out and continue, we will do many things with you and the horse to make sure you are compatible.
- After an agreement on payments and housing is made we will go from there. This last part depends on the rest of the process and is based on a case-to-case bases.
-Click here to see our Adoption Contract